Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Want to Start a Business in the U.S.? Find out which Immigration Visa to Select?

Foreign nationals who want to start a business in the United States have different immigration visa options available for them. If you are confused with the number of visa options, then you must look for immigration lawyers. They will provide you the best possible legal guidance according to your needs.
If you are an entrepreneur, investor, or business owner, following are the visa immigration options that you can go for-

E-2 Investor Visa
This visa provides an option to an individual to enter and work in the U.S. The type of business depends on the amount an individual is investing. For example, if you are starting a consulting firm, then the amount of investment required is $50,000 but if you are starting a manufacturing plant, then the investment amount would be much higher. This visa is renewed after every two years. There is no limit on the renewal of visa. The spouse of E-2 visa has the authority to work in any field.

EB-5 Immigrant Investor Visa
An individual who can invest a large amount of capital can apply for EB-5 Visa. The advantage of this Visa is that applicant and their immediate family can get green card.
Following is the criteria of EB-5 visa that an applicant needs to fulfill-
Applicant needs to invest $1,000,000 in a city settings, or US $500,000 in rural settings
Evidences proving that the funds have come from a legitimate source
Investment can be done in a new or existing business enterprise
The business should be able to create ten full time jobs

H-1B Visa
It is a non-immigrant visa. This visa allows a company to hire workers in specialty occupations like biotechnology, chemistry, architecture, engineering, mathematics, physical sciences, social sciences, medicine and health, education, law, accounting, business specialties, theology, arts and more. For qualifying this visa the beneficiary (the foreign worker) must have a Bachelor’s degree. For a Business Owner, Investor, or Entrepreneur, this visa is helpful for sponsoring their employees.

For an executive or manager who is being transferred from one of the affiliated foreign offices to offices in the United States the company needs to apply for L-visa. This visa is also applicable for companies who do not yet have an affiliated U.S. office, but still want to send an executive or manager to the United States for establishing their business. Thus, entrepreneurs, investors, & business owners can apply for this visa for moving themselves or their employees to the U.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment