Thursday, September 14, 2017

What if Your green card expires?

Has your ten-year green card expired? Don't worry, you will not going to lose your status as a permanent resident only because your green card expires. But this does not indicate that it is optional to renew your green card. This is very imperative to renew your green card within the given time period. 

Green card is the very strong evidence of your legal immigration status. You may face certain troubles if you allow it to expire. The difficulty may include getting a legal job, a driving license or other government benefits. Moreover, if you move with an expired green card outside the United States, you may not be permitted to re-enter to the United States.

Best immigration lawyers in Miami can help you and provide the best legal advice on how to apply for renewal of the expired green card.

If you are a permanent resident with a two-year green card, then the permanent resident status will expire if you do not register for I-751 on time. This may result in deportation processes in immigration court.

Choosing the best immigration lawyer in Miami can assure to renew your green card and is much less costly and stressful than having to go to immigration court in order to save your green card.

How do you lose your permanent resident status?

The three basic ways in which you can lose your legal permanent resident status are-

Abandonment of status- Abandonment is employed as an issue of intent. Usually, the rule is that you will be supposed to have abandoned your permanent resident status if you are away from the United States for more than a year.

You should take advice from the best immigration attorneys in Miami if you have any plan to visit outside the United States for a long period of time period or if there is any change in the abroad trip plan.

Removal or deportation- If you face removal or deportation proceedings, then you may lose your green card. When you have the citizenship of U.S. you are no longer ruled under the removal proceedings.

The best immigration lawyers in Florida are experienced in advising legal permanent residents who forgot to renew their green card, or need to avoid green card abandonment.

No comments:

Post a Comment