Monday, February 10, 2014

How to become a permanent immigrant religious worker

To become permanent religious worker in United States, it is important to attain a green card. This is only possible, if immigrant successfully gets through the R-1 visa procedure.
Here are few answers to the question that immigrant must have, if applying for R-1 religious visa.
What is R-1 religious worker visa?
A non-immigrant visa allows foreign nationals to enter U.S. and work as a religious worker there.
Who is eligible for R-1 visa?
Immigrant who is a foreign national, member of a religious organization, member of the denomination for two years, minister of religion and lastly has a good lawful status, he or she is eligible to apply for R-1 visa.
What documents are required to qualify for R-1 visa?
Following are the documents that immigrant needs to show when applying for the religious worker petition:
  • Fill form number I-129 and attach the supporting documents with it
  • Show the proof of your work (proof of you being the member of religious organization for at least two years)
  • Recommendations letters to support the visa petition
  • Show the IRS-supplied proof
  • Financial supporting documents
What privileges religious worker enjoy after getting the R-1 visa?
An immigrant who has qualified as religious worker he or she enjoys various advantages. To name a few are:
  • Can pursue full time study in the US
  • Travel in and out of the U.S. freely
  • Receive payment for performed services
  • Can apply for green card
  • Can get their spouse and unmarried children along with them via applying R-2 dependent visa
What are the limitations of this visa?
There are certain restrictions also that immigrant has to follow. To name a few are:
  • One can receive payments from only religious organization. This means candidate of R-1 visa can only work in the organization that is associated with religious tasks.
  • If taking dependents along, then they cannot work in U.S.
How long one can stay in U.S.
For an initial period of up to 30 months, an immigrant along with his or her spouse and unmarried children under 21 years of age can stay in U.S.
Can immigrant extend the time period of stay?
Yes! Via applying form I-129 petition an immigrant can reapply for the extension of stay. Doing so, will allow the religious worker to increase their stay time for again 30 months, however, one cannot exceed their total stay duration for five years.
After learning all the information about R-1 visa, you must have got clear idea about it. However, going through the process on your own can cause difficulties for you; this is where you need help of an immigration law attorney in Miami.

1 comment:

  1. What a great blog, i am searching in google from couple of days” but did not find any great way, but my search came to an end after visiting your blog.!!!Do you have any more related blogs or ideas related to like your this blog, it will help me in my further research work…Will keep following your blogs…

    Immigration Lawyers in Port Saint Lucie Florida || Immigration Lawyers in South Florida || Green Card Lawyers