Apply for K-3 visa! It allows the spouse of U.S. citizen to enter in U.S legally.
Process of K-3 visa is lengthy and complicated, as it involves several steps. Ideally, only an expert immigration lawyer can make the process easy for the immigrant because his extensive experience with US immigration laws, policies, regulations and procedures would be more as compared to the immigrant.
The time duration for whole process to complete, varies from one applicant to another. Circumstances like eligibility, nationality, embassy and various other factors in context to visa can obstruct the process of visa, if filled incorrectly might take more than 5 to 7 months for the completion of the visa procedure. However, if done correctly with the help of proper channel like best immigration law firm in Miami then things can turn in favor and the visa processing time can reduce to a great extent.
Besides filling the visa application form correctly, there are various other things that are needed to be taken into consideration, if wanting smooth flow of visa process. It includes:
- Person should be legally married to U.S. citizen.
- Applicant must have filed a petition for Alien Relative, Form I-130.
- Applicant must submit an original and clear photocopy of his/her birth certificate.
- An original and clear photocopy of the marriage certificate should be submitted.
- Applicants who have divorced or whose spouses have died must provide an original and clear photocopy of proof of their legal termination of previous marriages.
- Any police report regarding the applicant must be submitted. Police certificate must mention information regarding the applicant, including all his or her arrests, reason of arrest and disposition of cases.
- Any deportation of applicant from U.S. that too needs to be mentioned with other documents.
- If any military records then applicant must submit this document as well.
- A valid passport
- Medically exam report
- Affidavit of support is also must to be submitted that comprise of notarized affidavit of support (form I-134).
- Alongside affidavit, Forms 1040 and W2 must be attached that shows the taxes of applicant of the most recent taxable year.
Though this whole process involves tedious steps, but if taken help of expert immigration attorney, then one can bring their alien spouse to U.S. in the shortest possible time. Need of expert attorney is must because only he or she is aware with problems and know best way out to overcome from those problems.